Saturday, January 1, 2011

Still breastfeeding

Aya is 10 1/2 months now and at one time I had thought I would stop nursing her when she turned one.  However, as her first birthday approaches, I don't feel as though I'm ready to stop.  She still really enjoys nursing and I can't imagine that she will suddenly feel different on her birthday.  So, for now, I don't really have a plan for how long I will continue to nurse Aya.  I like knowing that she will benefit from my milk for as long as I give it to her, in ways that science can't duplicate.  She will continue to benefit from extra immunity and other nutrients that researchers are still discovering.  And perhaps too she'll benefit from the closeness and security breastfeeding provides. 

Breastfeed a Toddler--Why on Earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment