Monday, July 26, 2010

4 Weeks Old

There they were, more signs that something wasn't going right for Aya when she ate. Yet again, I didn't know. Feeding was becoming more and more of what felt like a battle. She would come on and off of the breast sputtering or choking. I would keep putting her back on the beast because it hadn't been very long, and she'd suck some more before once again coming off sputtering and fussing. Often, she cried after feedings and never really seemed peaceful. Aya was already getting far too much milk, far too quickly, but I didn't know. Later, I learned that the force of my letdown was like laying on your back and drinking from a hose that is on full blast. At this time, I simply switched Aya to the other side every time she came off of the first breast. I didn't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment